Monday, November 19, 2007

Over-stimulization

Tonight we stimulated Johnathon too much.  As like any baby touch them too much and they make noise.  Keep them awake too much and they make noise.  This is no different for Johnathon.  The problem is he cannot with a tube down his throat.  So he throws a fit that causes his oxygen to drop, his blood pressure to go up, and his face to turn red.  We finally were ale to control this with some different pain medicines and by limiting his contact.

With this low stimulization policy in effect for now we are trying to wisper in the room and avoid touching him.  Becky and I agree that if this is what we must do to get him to surgery we can do this.

A new problem has developed the ecmo system is developing clots.  This is normal during the operation of the system.  The problem is some of the clots are in the oxygenation filter (the same one that broke on Friday).  If the clots get worse or more appear the oxygenation filter may need to be replaced again.  This is something we do not want to experience again if we don't have to. 

A special thanks to my hockey team the Komets.  We won our first game on Saturday and lost the second game in the shootout.  I even had the chance to take a shot in the shootout (I was unsuccessful but had a good time).  The greatest part of the evening was seeing the gold stickers with "JJ" on all of my teammates helmets.  This special tribute caused me to have some teary eyed moments as it told me how wonderful my hockey family truly is.  Also thanks to the members of the Grave Diggers for keeping us in their thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for everyone that gave blood on Friday.  I have heard of several more drives that are being arranged.  This is so awesome.  So far 19 units have been donated.  Unfortunately we have already exceeded this number in what Johnathon has used.  Please give if you can.

Another thanks to my Mom, Dad, and my Father in-law for taking night duty the past 3 nights so I could sleep in my bed.  Thanks to Erin and Mike for taking the hockey tickets off my hands and bringing the Stars a win.  Finally a special thanks to members of our care team for going the extra mile the past couple of days.  Your patience and understanding of us is so greatly appreciated.


No comments: