Monday, November 19, 2007

Decision

The decision has been made by Dr. Scheren to go as long as we can with the ecmo circuit and get to surgery.  However a difference of opinion has gathered as some think we may need to change the circuit before we can get to surgery.

My personal opinion is that as much as I have learned sometimes I feel I know too much.  Some people are extremely cautious and some are more adventurous.  I teeter toward the later on some things but go conservative when I see odds are not in my favor.  Doctor's work in a different realm of the world playing percentages, practical theories, and hunches.

There is never a set plan or course of treatment in the ICU.  It is day by day hour by hour.  As I type this I am being informed again that a change maybe occurring shortly with our ecmo circuit.  Which side wins has yet to be determined, but one thing is for sure Johnathon is the only winner or loser in this fight.

Special thanks to the members of Calvary Baptist Church and Pastor Eddie for making us feel at home and for being our spiritual leaders.  Also thank you all for your effort in hosting a blood drive for our neighborhood in Johnathon's honor.


No comments: