Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Ecy II

I have named it Ecy II. Ecy I served us well but was not up to the challenge to last any longer. After the ecmo unit could no longer adaquately manage the various elements of the blood gases and its pressures ran too high we had to bid it adieu.

But now we start fresh. We pray that this does not set us back by very much, but at least we have a new partner that can last longer. We wait and see.

Ecy I for I knew her well,
Many nights I lay and stare.
Even though she fell,
It was a task we had to bare.

A poet I am not. Maybe next time I will try a haiku, that way if I made sense or not you still would not understand me (except for my brother he lives in the odd so he speaks it quite well).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all of your continued updates. Y'all are in my prayers and I hope the new unit carries Johnathon to surgery soon!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Chilly - you guys continue to stay in my thoughts and prayers. I get back in town tomorrow, if there is anything you guys need please let me know.

Mike and Sherri said...

We are praying for you and JJ daily and we have our church and friends praying also. We love this little guy that we have not met YET. We have a CD of your game Saturday night so you can teach JJ how it is done. Lots of love from the Bierwilers.