Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year!!

If I have not already said it to you, Happy New Year!

What many things are going on this year. Becky and I are looking at taking an Alaskan cruise. It sounds like my parents maybe able to join us (I am still working on the details). As I have offered in the past if your interested in going let me know and I will see if we can get a group discount again. On our last cruise we got a total of 10 friends and family members to go. It made for an awesome time and for some great memories (several of the inside jokes are still running till this day). We look to be traveling around mid-May. This is too coincide with Becky's and my schooling.

Yes that is correct I am heading back to school. Not for the PhD. degree that I thought I would be after. Instead I am working on some pre-requisite courses for a Physician's Assistant program. After being in the hospital and working so close with the Doctors, it rekindled my earlier desires to be a Doctor. Though I don't want to make such a drastic change in my life in becoming a Doctor, I am willing to explore the options of a Physician's Assistant. My degree would be another masters level degree and would open options for me in the entire health care field. Imagine a Doctor having someone who could not only help with his workload but could balance his books too. No job change should be expected as I am at least 3 -5 years away from completing the program. I figure for once I may take my time with school since I completed all of my other programs 1 year in advance of the expected completion date.

Becky has been accepted back into the nursing program at UTA and will be registering for her classes today. I think being at home has really started to get to her as she seams a little anxious about getting her schooling going again. Becky is also trying to get back into shape for those 12 hour shifts at the hospital. She has found several personal trainers that will work with her to get her back to the level she needs to be at (then I will work with her to get her endurance to hockey readiness).

On the hockey front Becky has slowly been acquiring some gear and will be back on the ice this Sunday to work on her skating (oops Becky did I forget to tell you this . . . well now you know). Our next door neighbor Rebecca has even discussed joining in the fun (well if Rebecca and Becky don't play good, at least they will look good trying). Saturday is a playoff game for both my teams the Komets and the Grave Diggers. The Diggers game is first up at 7:30 pm followed by the Komets. I hope to play in both games, but I am a little under the weather and it will depend on how I am feeling Saturday if I will play in both games. I have guaranteed the Komets that I will play in their game (since I have been with them the longest). At 8:30 pm Becky will be at the rink in the Crossbar upstairs watching the game. Please come if you are able to attend. We would love to have a little party with you. Remember if you've got it wear Komet orange!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you both. I can't wait to see you guys on Saturday. Hope the skates are treating Becky's feet well.

Mel

Anonymous said...

Physician Assistant, you say. This the same person who almost died when he had to dissect an animal (or was it a fish) in Biology class?
Your Favorite Mother

Anonymous said...

Hey a PA sounds like fun. Maybe Becky, you and I can all work together. When in May are you shooting for. My parents would be interested in going but I would have to be able to take off to keep the kids or arrange something for daycare. Let me know.

Kendra