Sunday, September 7, 2008

Thanks for The Memories


Tonight was my last hockey games before my surgery. Though it was a fun night filled with many memories only the Grave Diggers won (3-1) as the Komets suffered their second defeat in regulation (2-1). Both games were skating challenges for me. It was not brute strength, size, or stick handling that made my night, it was my ability to carry the puck and skate hard man to man that made the night. I had an assist in the Komets game ending my night on a personal note in a good way.

Though my season is over, my comrades will continue to play on and to fight in the playoffs. To this I would like to wish you good luck and to tell you thanks. Thanks for the tough plays, close games, and support. For the Grave Diggers thanks to Bob S., Bob B., Dan, Ron, Steve C., Steve S., Randy, Raul, Tom, and Jon. You guys have continued to improve in so many ways and I know that this season will help catapult you into your best season yet next session. For the Komets thanks to Will, Ryan, Mike B., Mike G., AJ, Scott D., Scott B., Sean, Albert, Kevin, Dustin, Chuck, Brent, and Coach Al. I wish you guys the best and I know that next week will dictate your post season, good luck and go for The Keg!

An extra special thanks to Supergirl (Mel), Bobby, and Michelle. Thank you guys for sticking around to watch me play. Thanks Michelle for always being there and offering your support. Thanks to Bobby for the comic relief, you always make the game more fun. Thanks to Supergirl for being my strength when my shoulder could not handle it. You made playing on your line one of the highlights of my night and my season.

Now for my surgery, to answer the major question am I nervous . . . YES!! Ok last year I knew what was the problem, what was going to occur, and how long I would be out for. This time I still have many questions. We know the labrum has tearing but how much and how bad is everything else will not be known until after the surgery. How long will I be out of work . . . right now best case scenario just one week. I will probably be unable to drive for 2-3 weeks, so it looks like I will have to work from home for awhile. Am I ready for this . . . YES!!! Let's get it over. It is not getting any better and I am starting to get real frustrated with my limitations.

Becky will be off for my surgery. She started her new job and is enjoying the opportunity that it is offering in shaping a unit that has such great potential. I am so excited for her. It's good to hear her come home with new challenges and tales. Being such a small facility they try every way possible to make you feel like part of the family. Something that the large size of Children's was not always possible to achieve. If you go by to see her, call first. Her new Hospital has such strict security that she needs to know your coming to let you in. Makes me feel good just in case she ever picks up a night shift.

I know many of you will be keeping me in your prayers this week, but I ask that you also keep my Grandmother (who is recovering from surgery), my Parents (they will be leaving on their regular Hawaii trip), and my Brother (who is traveling to China to pickup his Fiance, I will explain this in my blogs to come). Finally I have been made aware of the party that is being thrown in my honor after my surgery (or should I say dishonor). I guess I will just say bring your cameras and take your pictures. Just remember I will get you back some day. As for you Becky, just keep the pain medicine coming and I will think about forgiveness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much Love Chilly - Will look forward to your return to hockey... Before then, I think we will all have fun in defensive driving... LOL!!! Becky is so next.

I hope we can do another movie night again soon. Love you guys

Love Supergirl

Anonymous said...

Here is the quote of the day "when you fall down, a good friend will laugh before helping you up." Well this falls true for your situation. Good friends will laugh at drugged up Chilly before helping you with whatever you need. We are all here for both of you guys!!!

Lov Red eyed tree frog