Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lots of To Do's

Well a lot has happened, let me give you the rundown of everything that has happened up until now. "Well, let's see. First the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it" (ok I watched Airplane a few times too many).

Well congrats is in order to Becky on her new job. Sadly she will be leaving Children's Medical Center to take a new position at Cook's Childrens Northeast Hospital as Inpatient Manager and Employee Health Coordinator. She is excited about the new position as this is a new hospital branch from Cook's that has been expanding. Though small at this time the Hospital will offer her the chance to experience a more managerial role in health care.

The bad news is I am going under the knife again. Seems like I did not learn the first time I had shoulder surgery. Don't blame it on hockey, this injury is purely from weightlifting. I have torn the labrum on my right shoulder and will need to have it repaired. Surgery is set for September 10th. So come one and come all on the 10th to get your laughs at my expense. Just remember according to Becky I make a great drugged up drooler.

In other news, Pastor Eddie at our church just had shoulder replacement surgery and is at home recovering. I can tell he is getting tired of being at home as his self reflections on his blog have made me laugh on several occasions. Please keep him in your prayers and if you get a chance check out his blog at http://eddieadamsblog.com/.

We are all booked for our cruise. The ship leaves May 26, 2009. We depart from Copenhagen then heads to Stockholm, Helsinki, St Petersburg, Tallinn, Gdansk, Oslo, and then returns back to Copenhagen. Just for an extra stop Becky and I will be having a one night layover in Amsterdam. There is still room and many good specials if you are interested in going let me know and I will get you the hook-up deal.

My new job is moving right along and The Komets have 4 wins and one loss in overtime. We currently are in sole possession of 3rd place. With my surgery scheduled right before my last regulation game, it looks like I will have to watch any postseason activity from the bench.

Becky is playing neighborhood triage nurse. This week she has had to take care of a neighbor who cut the tip of his thumb off and then she treated another neighbor who inhaled pool chemicals when the container popped in her face. I guess it just does not work to take a day off from work. NOTICE TO ALL NEIGHBORS, please wrap yourself in bubble wrap, wear an oxygen mask, and do not use sharp objects tomorrow. Becky really wants a day off.

Well I must be off, I am taking a genetics class this semester and I need to get some reading in before I hit the pillows tonight. Wish me luck and I will be wishing you luck too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up... Love you guys
Supergirl