Sunday, September 21, 2008

328

That's the magical number, 328. I had 328 emails awaiting my return to work after being off a week after surgery. I wish they were all well wishes for my health, but that only counted for 6 of the emails. Glad to know that I am needed so much when I am gone.

My parents are back from Hawaii and have delivered us our much anticipated pineapple. If you have not had fresh pineapple from Hawaii, I highly recommend it. If you like it so much, you can grow your own by simply chopping about 1/2 inch below the top of the pineapple and putting it in some water. After about a week transplant it to soil and wait 2 years. Hey nobody said the good stuff comes fast in life.

Next up to return is my brother and his fiancee. Ok I have received many inquiries regarding what's up with my brother. Well this is the story. Last year he began corresponding with Lin (sorry if I am misspelling her name) via the Internet. After several conversations he decided to visit her in China. After his trip and several more months of corresponding he flew to China and proposed to her. Now all of the paper work is complete and she is now on her way to see our country and become a part of our fun family. So their you have it. The story of my brother (I saved some of the colorful stuff for another day).

I have a new adventure that Becky is partaking in . . . softball. That's right Becky has been drafted to play softball on Michelle's team The Kimodo Dragons. Unfortunately I have not been cleared to play so I will be fielding the teams Coaching position. We had our first practice on Saturday. All indications are we will have a very fun team, if not I have a lot of jokes and pranks to start playing on people (be scared Michelle be very scared).

On the hockey front I had my coaching debut lead to a loss. I coached The Grave Diggers against The Komets. Yeah I know I am such a traitor for going against my main home team. Let me give you some details. The Komets have a very strong and experienced coach. The Grave Diggers coach had a scheduling conflict, so I stepped in. We played shorthanded and lost 5-0. For now I will stick to trying to play hockey instead of coaching it. For any of my co-workers who maybe reading this, it is safe to say I will not be leaving to coach in the NHL anytime soon.

I hope everyone is doing good. My rehab is going good and I look to be on schedule for returning back to everything as expected for my time table.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were a great coach. Could have used you out there though.

Supergirl...