Sunday, February 3, 2008

Goal!!

With only seconds left in the 1st period of the Komets vs. Puckers game a slapshot was made from the point that hit the goalies outstretched arm. The puck fluttered smoothly to the ice taking a slow glide toward the right hand post. With one second left a stick sweeps in from a wrist shot popping the puck up and over the laid out goalie, hitting the back of the net as the buzzer rang. A quick look at the official who did not waive it off led to moments of exhuberance and excitement. The loud screams of joy followed by the jumping into the approaching teamates arms signified the passion in which we all play with as I scored my first goal.

Though we ended up losing the game it was monumental for me. Unfortuanely Becky was unable to attend since it was such a late game (she had to go to work early the next morning). However Pastor Eddie was on hand and greeted me with great congratulations. Thanks to all of my teammates who have made so many memories in my life so special. Your hearts and passion are felt every time we get together. I look forward to suiting up with you again on the ice of battle. Remember the season is young and I hope this is a sign of things to come as I improve on becoming a scoring player. Here is the link to the website showing the official record for the game with me being credited with the goal. http://www.pointstreak.com/players/gamesheet_full.html?gameid=650667

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, great going son! Knew you had it in you. Wished we could have been there.

Anonymous said...

Proud to have been Center on that line you scored from my friend.

Anonymous said...

So proud of you - you have become a great hockey player - can't wait to be there to witness many more.

Supergirl

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being voted the 1st Star of the game (as indicated in the Point Streak Locker Room)!