Monday, December 17, 2007

A Message of Thanks

After a week of reflecting and mourning I wanted to address our sincere thanks to everyone from the messages of support to those who have dropped by with food and other basic necessities. I would also like to thank members of the Komets and Grave Diggers hockey teams for your support in getting us out of the house and bringing us an alternative world away from the one we live in. Though we are just a bunch of "beer league hockey players" sometimes life in our NHL makes us feel like we are living out dreams (and yes the rumor is true we are trying to get Becky to play hockey next season with the Komets - stay tune for future posting of if and when this may occur). I would like to thank the staff at Children's Medical Center for the care package you gave us last week. We have already started to put it to good use as a memorial to Johnathon. To the caregivers of Johnathon thanks again for everything you have done. You will always be a part of family for the memories you have given us. To my co-workers at UDR thanks for the support and for giving us a reason to get away for the day. Thanks to Calvary Baptist Church for your support of us during this time. You truly symbolize God's healing hand in our community and in our life. Thanks to our friends and family members for helping us remember Johnathon so well and for being there for us. Finally thanks to all of the commenter's to our blog. In these difficult days your comments have helped us stayed strong on our darkest days.

Thank you.

I have received many message regarding where will this blog go from here. As I have said this will always act as a means to keeping up with my family and where we are at in our lives. Whether that be our next great cruising adventure, Becky graduating from UTA, or where I will be going with my education (all future topics to come). We have gained so many new friends over the last 3 months that this has become the best way to communicate. Though Johnathon was the primary conversation on this blog, his memory will continue to live on. I have been working on downloading the full version of this blog into a notebook. Many people have asked that I consider publishing this in a book to help others who may experience our experiences. I agree this would be the greatest way for Johnathon's memory to continue on, until then if you know someone that may benefit from reading our blog please pass it on. We are all the keepers of the memories of those who pass before us.

My final thanks (and biggest) goes to Johnathon. For all of the experiences you gave Daddy, you gave me a reflection on my life that was well needed. You have definitely allowed me to view my life in a different light and reminded me that many times in life we let the day pass us by with not taking notice (and appreciation) of everything around us. Thanks again for making me a better man.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for updating all of us who have been checking the blog. May God continue to bless you and give you strength. JJ definitely reminded me to slow down, pay attention and not to take anyone or anything for granted. Thank you for that. Merry Christmas and God bless.
Ami

Jakryan said...

AAAUUUGGGGHHHH!!! You did it to me again! That last Thank You to Johnathon got me. But, I have to agree with you. I know you guys are feeling the impact of JJ more than anyone else in the world, but I hope you know that he has really touched the lives of so many of us, just like you said he did for you Stephen.

This Christmas has become more important for me to let my friends and family know how much they mean to me, and that desire grew out from my experiences with you, Becky, and JJ.

I wish you guys a wonderful Christmas, a wonderul get-away, and a blessed 2008. We'll be here to harass you when you get back!

Ry & the Wives

Anonymous said...

If Becky plays on the Komets, I won't be the newest teammate anymore and won't have to keep filling everyone's water-bottles, right? That's good, 'cause my bladder couldn't really handle filling every single water bottle anyway! I cheated and used the drinking fountain once in a while. :P

Anonymous said...

Steven/Becky - you guys have given so many people strength through this Blog. I still come to check it every day. Chilly - Having you back on the ice on Saturday was such a wonderful feeling, being on a line with you is so much fun.

Then to have Becky stand in as a Komets coach - Gotta love that. I hope that my old skates will fit her and that she will wear the bright pink laces with me. Sisters of Hockey - gotta love it.

BTW, Saturday night or was it Sunday morning - what ever it was our 4th meal after hockey was one of my greatest memories of this year, thank you so much for the laughs and bulding a stronger friendship - def have to do it again. I can't wait to go to church with you all.

Mel #30
Supergirl

Anonymous said...

I just want to say thank you for keeping us posted . I checked your blog daily and prayed for your family each day . I do not know the right words to say to help comfort you but I pray daily that God will give you His peace and that He will wrap His loving arms around you so tight that you will feel His presence.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that Bro--JJ gave me a much different look on life and appreciation for all the little things I sometimes overlook that now mean so much more to me. Every time I face a new challenge, I think of his determination and how high he raised the bar on what is "tough" and try to follow his example. He showed us that every moment is a gift to be cherished, not wasted or ignored. JJ also healed a deep wound I carried for a long time, and for that I will always be grateful and hold a special place in my heart for him. Thank Ya'll so much for blessing me with the opportunity to be involved and spend such a precious time with all of you--it has been a great honor.

And also... Becky might play next season? What do we need to do to convince her 100%? Let's get that girl on the ice!!! Boy....I can't wait to see you demolish the first person who tries to check her....they may never walk again...