Thursday, September 6, 2007

Back At It Again

It's official. I have been cleared to resume my hockey play. It's been 4 weeks since my shoulder surgery and I have been cleared to play this Saturday. I have been performing my physical therapy exercises everyday (sometime 2 - 3 times a day) working toward this day.

Today was the toughest test yet. It started with a 6:00 am hockey practice followed by an ice down session and then a midday physical therapy session. This put the shoulder to a strong test, with remarkable very little soreness. I have been asked to take it easy in my first game back, and I have agreed to this. My focus will be on a more skillful game and not the banging type I am becoming known for.

With the start of the football season it is time to start spending Sundays watching the Cowboys games. I need Becky to go to a school that has a football team so that I can start supporting a collegiate team. This maybe something I should consider when I decide to go back to school. I do however look forward to TCU playing Texas (I am rooting for TCU). Just 11 more days until the Dallas Stars first pre-season game. Too more sports starting at the same time.

I found one great thing about having a son in the house, control to watch the football games. Becky enjoys the Super Bowl and a couple of Bowl games, however everything else is not her cup of tea (she always changes the channel). Even if JJ does not know what a TV is, I still think he needs the positive influence of sports on him at any age. Well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

I had a great time catching up with my old friends Lewis and Doug (down in Austin). Glad to see both of them are doing well. I miss not having them around in the area, but I try to catch-up with them every few months. When I got home I was able to spend some time with David. Sounds like he is working on some major food projects, hopefully we may see them in the stores soon (I hope he invites me to be on the test panel for some of them).

I hope everyone else is doing well. Look forward to seeing you soon.

No comments: