Thursday, April 1, 2010

Simple Thoughts from the Complicated Mind

It's funny how we view people. We see some people as lazy, some as gifted, some as leaders, and etc. However it is those that we see as pillars of strength that we forget that they are only human just like us. We forget that no matter how strong they are that they too get tired and grow weak. It is at this time that they need our help whether it be physically, spiritually, or mentally. I know it's hard out their in this world for all of us to be there so in lieu of that I ask for a simple task. Just a prayer or a moment of reflection for those "pillars" around us. A simple note of thanks for all they do to make us a better person.

Here is mine:

To Pastor Eddie thank you for your exhaustive effort to keep everyone strong in faith. This week you have suffered through a tough schedule and I know that as we have seen you going through this it has only made us want to persevere harder to accomplish that which has been placed before us. I appreciate your words of wisdom and the strength that you bring to me and my family.

To my old friend David. You friendship all of these years has always allowed me to know that if anything happened you would be there. I know you are going through a tough time as you experience the joy and relief of selling your home, while experiencing the memories that you will be leaving. I look forward to your new address and to the memories that I will be a part of there.

To my friend Charles who is leaving his current job after so many years to follow his dreams of owning his own business. Your physical strength and personality has always allowed you to garner those relationships that have made you strong. I wish you luck in your new endeavor and hope that I can provide you some strength along the way.

Finally to Becky. Even though she has not followed my wishes and swallowed a ball for Liam to play with I am proud for all she has done in surviving her bed rest protocol. Though I really expected her to go stir crazy from being home she has handled it quite well and has become an expert of the to do's of our friends on Facebook. Your strength through this has allowed me to shoulder more of the load and to carry on for us.

I know that these are only a couple of people that I have singled out and that there are many more, please know that I am thinking of all of you in my prayers. Peace and happiness to everyone this Easter weekend. May you enjoy the joys that surround us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss reading your blog!!!!