Thursday, May 7, 2009

How did she do?

Sorry for no pictures from Becky's last practice. After experimenting with a new restaurant she became too ill to practice and experienced what hockey officials would call a upper body illness. Don't worry it was short lived.
The lack of practice put Becky at a disadvantage for our first game with the rough and tough Mutineers. After a period of long thought regarding sitting her out for the game I decided to put her in the game with one caveat. She would be playing on a line with one of my first centermen, Sergio. Sergio is a tough fast skater who can electrify the ice with his charisma. At the same time his speed can sometimes do him in. Becky was able to establish a good repertoire with him and through their chemistry Becky at one point was able to carry the puck into the offensive zone and send a pass to a charging Sergio. Unfortunately his speed was a factor as he skated too fast into the pass and became handcuffed by it. I was so proud to see Becky become so active in the play after only being on the ice for a short period of time. It also made it fun for her to be joining another female newbie, Diana who just joined our team (it gave them both someone to help put all of that gear on with).

I was a little concerned however that she may have a little bit of an agitator in her as she became involved in a shoving and elbowing match with a player on the other team. Add that to the fact that she has threatened to take Sergio's girlfriend out with a "cat fight" at center ice when we play against her and the Silverwings (they are both first time players trying to show off). With this kind of action the Crossbar at the rink will surely be full to see these fisticuffs. I put the odds at even on who will win. Becky maybe quick, but Jenn is stronger. So let the match begin (I will send dates and times on this one as soon as it becomes available).

If you want to check out Becky's next game it will be this Saturday at 7:30pm against LSI. One of my old teammates and good friend Mike plays for them. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of agitation Becky can deliver upon Mike. If you can make it see you there.

Wish me luck as I am wrapping up final exams next week. I will be so happy to be finished with my Anatomy and Physiology course. Though I enjoy my lab class professor the lecture professor has been quite arduous (more than necessary). I cannot wait to be finished and to start preparing for our Baltic Sea cruise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HE HE HE HE HE - That's my wonder woman... I LOVE IT. Can't wait to be on the ice with her this Saturday...

- Supergirl.