Tuesday, November 11, 2008

An Open Letter to Johnathon

Happy Birthday Johnathon,

Your party Sunday was so wonderful. All of your friends brought you presents of soft cuddly animals. Your Mom brought balloons and birthday cupcakes. Pastor Eddie gave a wonderful sermon regarding eternity and all of those who we may see there someday. Even those who could not attend the party sent cards, letters, emails, and gifts in your honor. The most beautiful thing we did was release the balloons so that they could float up to you. Though we miss you dearly I am not sad today. For today one year ago at 8:01 am you came into our lives. Everything was perfect at this moment. Though you never made a sound your voice was heard quite loud.

Johnathon, of all the gifts delivered the greatest gift of all has already been received. You coming into my life was the greatest gift your Mommy could have given to me. Though we both miss you dearly, be happy son. Today is a great day as you taught us to be parents of the greatest gift God can give us. There should be no tears of sadness only tears of joy. Happy birthday my precious angel and don't eat too much icing and get a tummy ache.

Forever Love,
Dad

P.S.
Mommy and I are so thankful for everyone during this time and I wish I was able to list all of their names but this list would be almost never ending. You truly captured many hearts.

6 comments:

Julie Thompson said...

We are celebrating Johnathon's impact on the world today and remembering how truly influential he was in such a short time.

love, Julie, Nick and Kaitlyn Thompson

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jonathan!!!! I am thankful for everything you brought into my life. Your life brought me the best friends I have always wanted. Your Mommy and Daddy are my pillars of strength and I know you are watching over them every day.

Much Love
Mel
aka Supergirl

Anonymous said...

Hey Becky,
I just wanted to see how you are doing today and take a second and let you know I am thinking of you and Steve both! A year ago today you got to see your beautiful baby boy's face and I am so thankful you had that opportunity. I say a prayer every night for the three of you and will continue to do so. I know somewhere he is looking down on you both! So I just wanted to take a moment to tell you I was thinking of you and Johnathon and wanted to say Happy b-day to that sweet baby that I wished I would have been able to meet!!

Love you both,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

I woke up this morning thinking about you. I will pray for you all day. Somehow God thought we were strong enough to handle this pain and to come out on the other side praising Him.



May God bless you dear one

Anonymous said...

We Wish You All Peace!

You are all in our prayers. We think of you all today! Johnathon your birth is a celebration of Life. God Bless you for spreading your special gift of Love to all you have touched.

Peace be with you Becky and Stephen.

We love you very much. Aunt Liz and Uncle Victor

Anonymous said...

Becky I think of you often and check out y'alls blog from time to time. I was anticipating the approach of Johnathon's birthday and I think what Stephen has written is wonderful. His birthday is a day of celebration. Thanks for sharing your private thoughts with us! We miss you at work Becky! But I know...you are looooving your new job ;-)
Love, kat