Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy Birthday!!

Still looking quite dapper . . .




Well another birthday has come upon us. Today is my Dad's birthday. Don't ask me how old he is because I quit counting. After 60 the only thing that matters is whether your getting social security or not (your McDonald's discounts have already come in by then). Every year I remark at how little my Dad has shown his age, for a period of time it seemed like he was aging fast. Now he has stalled and it is my Mom who is making up for it (sorry Mom).


Mom and Dad were able to stop by and spend the night this week so we could dine on an elegant meal at Ruby Tuesdays. Followed by the celebratory birthday cake (yummy pure sugar). It was great to spend time with them. Of course our birthday celebration was not complete until we shared cake with Coco, Pepper, (their dogs) and Haven (our dog/cat greyhound).


Happy Birthday Dad. I hope you got all of the gifts you wanted and none of the ones you didn't want.


On other fronts Becky is pulling her hair out in Algebra and I am getting less sleep by helping her. Don't worry sleep is so overrated. A good friend of mine once said "don't worry about sleep you'll get all you want once you die." Morbid but true thought. I will admit I think Becky is getting the hang of this second semester of Algebra so my sleep pattern should be returning soon.


Hockey season will be starting up soon. I will post a schedule as soon as I get it. Becky's family reunion is coming up August 9th, if you want to go let Becky or I know and we will make plans to go in one vehicle. This year it will be at Lake Palestine and we will spend Friday night at my parents house, so we can hit the lake early on Saturday.

No comments: