Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Congratulations!!

This past week I was able to attend a wonderful event. It was the ordination ceremony for Erin, our chaplain (and now friend) when Johnathon was in the hospital. Erin also performed the blessing ceremony for Johnathon and our families during his final hours with us. Erin has been so helpful in being a strong sympathetic ear for us to vent to. While at the same time being a great friend to hang out and party with. It was so exciting to see Erin ordained and to know the commitment she has made to God with her life.

A wonderful professor of mine at Dallas Baptist University, Dr. Fred White once said "the greatest call you will ever receive is the call from God, just don't forget to answer the phone". I will say that Erin picked up that call and has done so much with so many families in such a short period of time at Children's Medical Center and in various other places she has traveled through. Congratulations Erin, just remember the journey has only begun, stay strong as you are the backbone of so many people who are in need of God's care.

Hey do you know what this means 8x+2-x= 16? Well Becky does now. I sat down to help her the other night and before I knew it she had scored higher than me on her algebra quiz. I think she just keeps asking for my help so that I will feel needed. Well soon she will have a new problem to tackle as her break from boot camp ends this week. That's right, starting next week it's time for 'ol Sargent Jay Johnson to whip her back into shape. What was his nickname again . . ."Terror". Oh I so will love the smell of ben gay at night!

Hockey is going good. Too good. The Grave Diggers goalie had a scheduling conflict and could not make our game. So we played without a goalie (extra ice time for me). It was a great game, we went 1 1/2 periods before finally giving up a goal. Then the flood gates opened and we lost 4-0. The Komets played immediately afterwards (no rest for the weary) and we won 3-2. By the time it was all over, I was done for. I spent the rest of the night fighting off leg cramps. Great workout, too bad I was so sore I could not mow the yard the next day. I am in Denver this week at a conference for my company. When I get back home I have a jungle waiting for me to take care of. I hope everyone is doing well. I hope it has not gotten too hot where you are at, as summer seams to now be bearing down on us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

X = 2?