Monday, December 21, 2009

In Memory

I dedicate this posting in memory of my Grandmother Lilah Janis, who passed on 12/15. Though we were never as close as most grandparent relationships are do to the distances we lived (she in Atlanta, GA), I always made an effort to call her everytime I changed planes in Atlanta. She was probably one of the most avid readers of this blog and asked me to write more so she could keep up with us. Now as I write this I reflect on all of the times I spent with her and the impact she and my Granfather had on my life. I wish I had more time with her and wish I could share the birth of our new little one with her, but I'm at peace. Peace because I know that she is with the love of her life my Grandfather Stanley Janis. I also know that she has finally had the chance to meet her Great Grandson Johnathon (he's probably listening to her read a nursery story just like the one she read to me). I ask during this time for two things. Prayers and phone calls. Prayers for my family in dealin
g with this loss and for everyone who reads or hears this blog to pick-up a phone and call that relative that you have not heard from in awhile. Let them know you are thinking about them. Distance grows us apart but communication keeps us together.

I pray that peace, joy, and happiness may come to you this holiday season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a really heart felt writing. You are in all our prayers. May God bless you and your family, especially during this very difficult period for you and Becky, your mom and dad. You have had many losses and I am praying you will have many gains of happiness. Keep your chin up and keep going. Love Aunt Liz and Uncle Victor